- Member for
- 6 years 2 weeks 5 minutes
- Full Name
- brett flanigan
Brett Flanigan Profile
At the age of just 28, Brett Flanigan became the youngest ever head coach in the National Basketball League, when he took over the position of head coach of the Canberra Cannons. During the eight years Brett held this position, he led the Canberra Cannons to the play-offs on five occasions and to the Semi Finals on one occasion in 1996.
At the completion of the 1996 season, his coaching peers voted Brett as the National Basketball League Coach of the Year.
In the build up to the 2000 Sydney Olympics, the Australian Government commissioned Brett, to study some of the US College basketball's elite coaches, including Bob Knight, Mike Krzyzewski, and Rick Pitino. Brett has many humorous tales to tell of his journeys including the day he (accidently) hung up on Dean Smith.
Some of Brett's basketball highlights include:
- Winning a National championshipwith the Sydney Kings in 2005.
- Voted National Basketball League's Coach of the Yearin 1996.
- Coached Invitational Australian Basketball team on a 4-week tour of China in 1998, winning 7 of the 8 games.
- Became the youngest ever Head Coach of the National Basketball League when at age 28when he took over that role with the Canberra Cannons.
Since leaving Coaching built has built a highly successful Sales and Marketing group, and has had contracts all around the world including:
- Microsoft (Bangalore, India)
- Medtronic (Asia Pacific)
- EMC (Bangkok, Thailand)
Brett recently moved to North Scottsdale with his beautiful partner, female entrepreneur Ali Brown and their 6 year old twins Jordan and Maddison.
- Personal Webpage
- Job Title
- Director - Business Development
- Sales Management